Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls & Bread! (2 recipes!!)

I've had an off few days and have been on the verge of tears for some unknown reason. I blame the hormone pills that my doctor put me on last week. Anyway... Spending time in the kitchen always helps my off moods... sad, angry, stressed... time in the kitchen always makes it better. :)

I made myself pasta and a pink sauce for dinner then chilled for a bit and decided to lock myself in my kitchen with some upbeat music and make some cinnamon buns. I called my mom to ask her advice on a sugary topping for it and in the process ended up getting my grandma's bread recipe from her. I had no intentions of making bread tonight too, but in the end decided I'd be awake so why not. :)

Sadly I only got half the info I needed for the bread so I had to kind of wing it and hope it turned out right.

The rolls turned out really well! The best part... They are vegan friendly!


(they are a gooey mess on the bottom!! :D)

Combine
1c lukewarm milk (I used vanilla soy milk)
1 package dry yeast.

Let stand for 5min. Stir. Add

2TBs soft butter
1Tbs sugar
1teas salt

Mix in gradually 2 1/2c-3 1/4c flour until dough is just firm enough to handle.
I kneaded it a bit and let it rise for about 40min before I punched it down and rolled it out. Spread butter over the flat dough and sprinkle with a cinnamon sugar mixture. (I also sprinkled brown sugar over it)

Butter the pan you're going to bake them in then pour in some cream or milk to cover the bottom and sprinkle with brown sugar, mix it together and add your sliced rolls. Let rise before putting in the oven.

Bake at 375 for 25min. Enjoy!


Well the bread baked much faster then it was supposed to but I'm glad because I am ready for bed!



Its a really heavy bread, but I'm not surprised considering my grandma was raised on a farm. It turned out really well!

1 package dry yeast
between 5 3/4c-6 1/4c flour
2 1/4 c milk (I used vanilla soy milk because that is what I had)
2 Tbs sugar
2 teas salt
1 Tbs shortening

combine the yeast & half the flour
warm the milk, shortening and sugar enough to melt the shortening then combine with the flour/yeast. Mix it together then combine the rest of the flour and the salt.

knead and let rise in bowl until it doubles in size then punch down and shape into pans. Let it rise a bit before putting in the oven.

Bake at 400 between 45-60min.

No comments:

Post a Comment