Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Haven't forgotten about you!

This blog might not be getting updated as much as I'd like to for at least a few weeks... I've been taking these new pills to help balance out my system and I've been so incredibly nauseous since I started taking them that any thought of food just makes me more queasy.

Also, I am moving!! I am moving back to my old apartment complex downtown! I am hoping to be done moving by the 13th. Will be busy packing and gradually moving stuff over during the week and might not have internet for the first week or so that I am there.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't forget about my blog, just a little busy with life right now. Will hopefully return soon!!


Here is a recipe I have been meaning to post for a while.

Black Bottom Banana Cheesecake Bars


Bottom:
4oz cream cheese (room temp)
1 egg
1/2c butter
1 box chocolate devil's food cake (i used triple chocolate cuz that's what I had on hand)

Mix it all together, it'll be kind of like a dough and spread in the bottom of a 9x13 pan

Top:
2- 8oz packages of cream cheese (room temp)
2 eggs
1c mashed banana (about 3)
1c powder sugar
1 teas vanilla

Cream all that together then pour over the bottom.

Bake at 350 for 45min or so

I think you could just use a regular cheesecake recipe for the top and it would work just the same, or maybe even a different fruit....

The only problem I had was that the cake part seemed to finish baking before the cheesecake part was done. I haven't worked out the kinks of it yet, but did enjoy them and was glad it was fast and easy to put together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment