Thursday, January 6, 2011

Earthlings part 3...

So a few days ago I watched parts 3 and 4 of Earthlings... Clothing and Entertainment....

I am STILL seeing horrible flashes of images I saw that night. Watching a poor helpless animal get skinned alive for its fur and then twitching afterward with the saddest look on its face I've ever seen. It was horrifying!! I'm glad I can say I don't own any fur, not that I have ever been a fan of it.

The Entertainment part was slightly eye opening into the life of circus animals, but not all that surprising and the rest of it was mostly stuff I've known for ages. Never been a big fan of things like rodeos and stuff to begin with.

Anyway... After watching the clothing section I am seriously terrified to finish it. The last part is about scientific research and I'm sure it is going to be awful.... I've made it this far though, so I need to finish it. Just not looking forward to it. I'm going to wait a few more days before finishing it.

My friend Jordan gave me a book called Animal Liberation for Christmas. He had asked me before if I would read it if he got it for me and I told him I would. That is also on my list of things to start soon, but seriously just not looking forward to it after that last part of Earthlings that I saw. Ugh! We'll see how it goes!

On that note... not eating meat seems to be going well, so yay for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment