Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Earthlings part 2...

Okay, I have had a few people asking me what I thought of Earthlings and I promised a post...

The Documentary is split in to 5 parts: pets, food, clothing, entertainment and scientific research.

I have only made it through the first two parts. I have been busy and it is just so sad, I can't handle watching it all in one sitting.

The pets thing was hard to watch, some I already knew and some things I didn't. It made me extremely glad that I have adopted my cats and didn't buy them from a pet store.

Food was just heartbreaking to get through! To be honest there wasn't a lot that I didn't already know, but actually seeing the horribleness of all of it was just too much for me. I will never look at a piece of meat the same way again.

Part of me thinks that because days later I'm not depressed about it and functioning that it shouldn't matter any more, but after actually seeing the things I've heard about, I just can't do it. I haven't had any meat since the day before I watched it and am really feeling okay about that decision.

I probably won't get around to watching the rest of it for a few days. I've got a busy and fun rest of the week. I don't want to make myself depressed watching that. Will pick it up later this week or early next.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, another one? I refused to watch food, inc., when I was pregnant (I have enough issues with food). Nightmarish. Not sure whether I want to see this one or not.
    Feel free to come see me for more veggie recipes if you're still avoiding the meat. Good luck with your new issues. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earthlings I think was actually done before Food Inc. A lot of my vegans friends have told me to watch it.


    Food, Inc. I didn't have much of a problem with because it was all things I already knew and didn't actually show mass amounts of animals being slaughtered.

    ReplyDelete