Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pizza Dough & Garlic Bread!!

So over a year ago I was given an awesome large Pampered Chef pizza stone that until Thursday I had never even taken out of the box. I had been putting off making pizza because I had never gotten a good recipe for pizza crust. I asked someone I knew would have a good one finally and sure enough.... Awesome!! So here goes...

Gram's Pizza Dough.

2 cup flour

2 tablespoon sugar

1 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon yeast

Olive oil

warm water. (about 3/4c seemed to be about right.)

Place flour in bowl, add the sugar , salt, yeast swirl around to mix.
take the olive oil and swirl a few time around the flour mixture, add warm water to make a dough, dough might be sticky just flour hands and shape into a ball place in greased bowl and let rise until double in bulk.

Once it is done rising, sprinkle a little corn meal on whatever you choose to bake it on and spread out your dough to the desired shape/size. Bake the dough for 2-3min at then take out and cover with sauce, cheese or whatever else you choose, then put back in the oven for 10-15min or until your crust is brown on the edges and your cheese is melted.

Bake at 410, makes one large pizza.

Pineapple & Tomato Pizza

Olive & Mushroom Pizza

___________________________________________________________

I loved the pizza dough so much I decided I needed to use it to make some garlic bread, so this recipe is very similar and can also be used for a pizza crust if you like. I'm sure it would be awesome!

Garlic Bread

2 cup flour
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon yeast
Olive oil (I used a little extra for this recipe cuz I wanted the flavor)
warm water. (about 3/4c seemed to be about right.)
1 heaping TB minced garlic
and a couple shakes of both Oregano and Basil

Let rise to double, form to desired shape.. bake for 10-20min at 410

I served it with some marinara sauce for dipping.


No comments:

Post a Comment