Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Veganized Killer Cookies!!

Some time last year I posted a recipe for Killer Cookies... It's a recipe I got from a friend years ago, and is by far the best chocolate chip cookie ever! Sadly... It wasn't a cookie I could share with my vegan friends... So I made it a goal to revamp the recipe, find vegan chocolate chips and figure out a way to substitute the eggs and guess what?! They ROCK!! The best part about it is all of my friends devoured them and none were aware that I had made them vegan! Yay for that!

The only downfall to this recipe is that it is huge! It makes 80-100 cookies depending on how big you make them, so I recommend halving it.

Vegan Killer Cookies

1 3/4c Shortening
2c sugar
2c brown sugar
4 heaping TBS ground flax + 8TBS water mixed (use for egg)
2tsp vanilla
3c flour
2tsp salt
2tsp baking soda
6c oatmeal

1/2 to 3/4c chopped nuts
1/2 to 3/4c coconut
1 12oz package chocolate chips

It'll be a little on the dry side, pour in some vanilla soymilk or whatever milk you have handy until slightly sticky. Scoop them in to 1in balls.

Bake at 350 for 9-12min

No comments:

Post a Comment