Monday, August 23, 2010

Jalapeno cookies?? I think so!

Sometimes when in the kitchen a little idea light pops in my head... Sometimes it ends in epic failure, other times just alright and every once in a while it turns out to be genius! This time around it was genius!!

Not to long ago I finally got around to posting my recipe for Potato Chip Cookies, a recipe that I've been using for years and years! Well last week I went to Jimmy Johns for lunch and got some baked jalapeno potato chips with my sandwich and half way through my lunch decided those chips NEEDED to be in a cookie!

Tonight I experimented with my idea and it turned out to be amazing!! I substituted half of the margarine for cream cheese and kept the rest the same, even using the sugar to smash them down.

I think these cookies would be great at a BBQ or just for because! Definitely something I am going to make again!! And as a reminder..... very easily turned in to a vegan cookie for my vegan friends!! :D



Here is the updated recipe:

Jalapeno Chip Cookies

1/2c butter
1/2c (4oz) cream cheese
1/2c sugar
1 1/2c flour
1tsp vanilla
1 jalapeno finally minced
1/3-1/2c crushed jalapeno potato chips (depending on how hot you want them)

you blend the butter, cream cheese and sugar together then add everything else. roll them into little balls then push them down with a cup that has sugar on the bottom.

bake them at 350 for 8-10minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment