Sunday, August 29, 2010

Amazing Banana Bread!

This is a recipe I got from my grandma years and years ago! It is the only really good banana bread I have ever had. It's really dense and moist and just all around amazing! My only complaint... it is time consuming, but in all honesty... When is bread not time consuming unless you put it in a bread maker? Try this recipe... I promise you will love it!

Banana Bread

2 eggs
1/2c shortening
1 1/2c sugar
1 1/4 c mashed banana
1/4c buttermilk
2c flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1tsp vanilla


I like to add walnuts, chocolate chips or sometimes blueberries or dried cranberry's to the mixture. Not all together of course, but it should make at least 2 loafs so I tend to make one just plain then add something to the second half of the batter

bake at 350 for an hour or more

It'll start getting really dark on top before its done, just cover it with foil and it will be fine. :) I hope it works out for you! I love love love this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment