Monday, March 22, 2010

2 weeks!!

So I am officially two weeks in to this vegan thing, it got a lot easier after the first week. I made some awesome salsa, learned that I LOVE fresh pineapple and vegan pancakes are pretty darn good. :)

I've still been super sick so I didn't want anything that would take to much effort for dinner tonight, and have been craving waffles for some odd reason, so I decided to make pancakes. I just found a recipe I used to use when I was younger and used the egg substitute Jordan told me about, and used coconut milk.... They turned out pretty good. :) I had no idea coconut milk was so thick! I ended up having to put a bit of soy milk in them so the batter was a little thinner.





I still have way to many potatoes I need to use up. Someone suggested a stew, but it makes a ton and I know I wouldn't eat it all before it went bad. I really don't know what else to do with them... I will figure that out eventually.

I also need to work on expanding my diet still... There is a world of vegan food out there that I know I haven't even made it past the surface yet... I really just don't know what to cook though.


Back to lounging and resting... Work again tomorrow night, I need to get better before then!!

2 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, I've been vegan for years and still haven't once made pancakes! Yours are making me want to give them a try, though. Could you share your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sure, I just took a basic recipe I had and found something to substitute the eggs and milk with, so I'll just give you the recipe and let you substitute things because you probably have better ways to then I did. :)

    mix together
    1/2 cup milk
    2 tablespoons melted butter
    1 egg

    add all at once
    1 cup flour
    2 teas baking powder
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/2 teas sallt

    simple. :)

    ReplyDelete