Saturday, March 20, 2010

Salsa!!!

So from Green Bee I got a produce box and a salsa box! I made the salsa tonight, super yummy but super spicy, and I imagine it will be hotter tomorrow. It made a lot of salsa too, I need to go buy some chips. :)


The produce box had lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, celery, zucchini, avocado, plums, apples, bananas and a mini cantaloupe in it. A few things I already had, so I've got TONS of potatoes I am trying to figure out how I am going to use before they go bad. My roommate and I both used them in our dinners tonight though... If anyone has suggestions on how to use them other then the common baking or mashed that would be helpful.

I didn't make the stir fry tonight because of the potato issue, I figure I should knock some of those out of the way first. I had a tiny bit of left overs still from my fajita's the other day so I put those in a pan with a sliced up potato, a tiny bit of olive oil and at the end a scoop of salsa I just made. Put it all in a tortilla with some 'cheese.' Turned out pretty good. :) Here's a salsa picture!

I just realized that I'm two weeks in to this vegan thing as of today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment