Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 6... discourging...

So this no meat thing isn't a problem at all, but the no dairy is proving to be much harder then I thought it would be.... Being Italian and not being able to cook with dairy is not an easy thing to do. I decided tonight to try making vegan alfredo... It did not go over well. It smells just as good as the alfredo I usually make does, but the taste is just bleh.... I don't know how to fix it and the ingredients aren't much different then what I would normally use... Just the vegan versions of them. I will try it again another day. As for dinner tonight... My roommate is making fajita's so I asked her to cook some veggies separate for me so I can have some.

I have spent my entire life cooking and baking. I grew up in a house where everything was made from scratch, we never ate anything from a box... Heck my mom was a professional pastry chef. My moms family is from North Dakota so from them I learned to cook all these hearty meals.... the kinds that keep you full all day long because they grew up on farms and the men needed hearty lunches to keep them going for the day. From my dads family I learned how to cook italian food... Everything has meat or cheese or cream of some sort in it... Cutting the meat is easy, always has been. Not being able to even sprinkle parmesan cheese on something is pretty hard. I'm sure it will get easier... I'm only 6 days in...


Here's a not very good picture of the sauce I made... Its a bit pink because I add tomato's to it.

1 comment:

  1. Well so much for fajita's tonight... My roommates cat just spilled them all over the floor before I had a chance to dish some up.... *sigh*

    I need to find something to eat for dinner...

    ReplyDelete