Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 9...

Today has been very productive!! I'm LOVING the weather and being able to spend time outside! I got all my St.Patrick's day shopping done today and can't wait for all the green food on Wednesday!

I bought a pineapple for the first time today!! I'm a bit scared to cut it, I'm good at hurting myself... I also bought a few artichokes to make for dinner on Wednesday. I stocked up on lots of veggies and am genuinely excited for food this week! I have decided that I need to learn to make stir fry, it doesn't seem like it should be to hard... We shall see!!

I did give in a little today to non-vegan food. I made a decision to add milk back into my diet. Only to drink though, I still plan on checking labels and making sure I am not buying food with milk in it and I don't plan on cooking with it. Doing all of this cold turkey was a bit harder then I had anticipated... I don't plan on 'cheating' any more though.

I had a dream the other night that I accidentally ate some chicken and it kind of freaked me out! I was panicked even a little when I woke up because I wasn't sure if I had or not... Weird..... Maybe this no meat thing is good.. :)

So much to do still today!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'd completely forgotten that I went through a stage of having nightmares about eating meat too! For me, they happened sporadically for several months, until I was very "settled" in veganism. I still sometimes dream that I'm at a family gathering or something similar, and people are trying to convince me to eat animal products. The subconscious works through new ideas in fascinating ways.

    ReplyDelete